PROFILE OF THE SCHOOL
The idea of having a school for raising young lives for Christ came as a burden to our leader, Professor Mike Anyanwaokoro, in August 2014. God laid this burden on him from the book of Malachi chapter 2 verse 15:
- Malachi 2:15 KJV “And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.” KJV
- Mal 2:15-16 TLB “You were united to your wife by the Lord. In God’s wise plan, when you married, the two of you became one person in his sight. And what does he want? Godly children from your union. Therefore, guard your passions! Keep faith with the wife of your youth.” TLB
God showed him that the major reason why God would make a man and his wife to become one is because God is seeking for godly children from their union. From man’s point of view there may be several other reasons for Christian marriage but for God there is just one reason, the search for godly seed. Unfortunately, instead of getting the expected godly seed, the reverse has become the case in many homes. The Prophet Joel observes in Joel 1:17 as follows:
- Joel 1:17 “The seed is rotten under their clods, the garners are laid desolate, the barns are broken down; for the corn is withered.” KJV.
The seeds (children) whom God expected to be godly seeds are getting “rotten under their clods, the garners are laid desolate, the barns are broken down; for the corn is withered.” The clods are the earth where the seeds are first planted, the garners and barns are where the seeds are kept and preserved for further use. These clods, garners, and barns where human seeds are sown and kept are homes, schools, and churches. Thus, there is immediate need to rescue the seed and multiply godly seeds. Godly Seeds Christian College was established to meet this need.
The challenge is that multiplication of seeds is not an easy assignment. The Lord Jesus explained it himself in the book of John chapter 12 as follows:
- John 12:24 “I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. NIV.
Thus, reproduction of godly seeds calls for sacrifice and a “falling to the ground and dying.” However, God gave a definite assurance of what He would do as stated in John chapter 12:27-28:
- John 12:27 “Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.“ NIV
The above scripture also produced trouble in the heart of our leader, Professor Mike Anyanwaokoro, who saw the reason God brought him to “this hour” as the assignment of raising godly seeds for God through the formation of a Christian school. But he got the assurance that God who had glorified His name severally in the past, would do the same again as the school project unfolds. This led him into the formation of Godly Seeds Christian College.
As Professor Anyanwaokoro decided to pursue this vision, God made it clear that the vision to start the school goes beyond a personal pursuit. It is not a vision that he can pursue alone. This led to the formation of Elohim Seeds Christian Organisation to take over the vision and carry out other mandates that God would help the organisation to pursue in the course of raising Godly children for God. He invited other brethren to help in seeing to the fulfillment of this vision. First, his wife and children provided the immediate support he needed to pursue the vision by allowing him to convert the family buildings into the take-off site for the school. Sir Engr. Charles Okorie bought the idea, keyed into the vision and handled the construction work at the site with careful supervision as a pet project. Subsequently, Barrister (Mrs) Njide Chukwuma, an experienced school proprietress and legal practitioner and Mrs. Nkechi Ugwu, a long-standing Educationist and the Principal of a Special Science Secondary School bought into the vision and provided the needed advice for setting up the school. Other brethren like Engr. Lucky Okwara Orji, Evangelist Sunday Oha, and Tony Uche, Chigozie Anya, and Elder Fidelis Ijeomanta (late) made valuable suggestions for actualization of the vision.
In pursuit of this vision, the school began with free holiday lessons for prospective students of Junior Secondary School class one (JSS 1) which started on Monday 8th August, 2016. The first entrance examination was held on Saturday 20th August, 2016 and Saturday 3rd September, 2016 respectively. The school finally started on 19th September, 2016. Admission was made open only to prospective JSS 1 students to ensure proper foundation and grooming for the students. The school will be admitting the third set of students in September 2018.